Rebecca has worked in and had a passion for the health and wellness industry for over 10 years. She is a fully qualified Naturopath and has previously worked as a Remedial Massage Therapist for 8 years.
Rebecca believes whilst Massage therapy is incredibly beneficial, after treating people for many years she observed that there is much more going on than just the physical complaints that have manifested.
Most of the re-occurring complaints were related to ‘stress’ and the body’s ability to manage the acute and chronic stress response on a mental, emotional and eventually physical level. She wanted to offer more to her clients and that is where her passion turned to Naturopathy which incorporates- Western Herbal medicine, Nutritional medicine, Homeopathy, Iridology, Bush and Bach flower essences.
With the above tool box of modalities and qualifications Rebecca has successfully treated a wide range of acute and chronic conditions, such as cold and flu, skin conditions, emotional stress, insomnia, adrenal fatigue, depression and anxiety, auto –immune conditions, female reproductive system, male reproductive system, weight loss and detox.
Rebecca believes n a gentle individualized approach to treatment. With a combination of herbal medicine and nutritional supplementation, Rebecca works with and meets her clients’ needs where they are at, helping them to make realistic, simple and easy changes to their diet and lifestyle.
As well, along the way, she enjoys enhancing her patients’ knowledge, awareness and responsibility for their health, which in turn supports them in achieving their health goals and sustaining long lasting results.
“A Naturopathic approach supports the body systems to function in synergy with each other, addressing the underlying cause of ‘dis-ease’ which in turn supports the body to restore to its intended state of balance without doing any further harm.” Rebecca Cook
Areas of Interest:
- Weight loss or gain
- Liver ‘Spring’ detox programs
- Skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Sleep disturbance; difficulty getting to sleep and staying asleep, Restless Syndrome
- Men reproductive complaints; libido and infertility
- Women’s reproductive complaints; PMS, period pain, irregular periods, heavy period
- Adrenal and Chronic fatigue.
- Immune support for children; re-accuring infections eg colds, middle ear infection, tonsilitis
- Iridology as an adjunct to diagnosis.
Naturopathic Preconception care:
- Is a unique opportunity to influence your child’s future health, and even that of their children.
- Providing optimum nutrition during preconception increases your chances of conceiving.
- During pregnancy it supports your health and the growth and development of your baby
- In breastfeeding it supports your recovery and the ongoing development of your child.
During pregnancy the demand for nutrients is increased to meet the needs of your growing baby and your own body. Many women ‘eat for two’, often consuming foods high in calories and low in nutritional value. A Naturopath will prescribe a natal multi-nutritional formulation to increase your intake of key vitamins and minerals during these times to support healthy conception, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
For more information about Rebecca go to www.rebeccacooknaturopathy.com
02 4268 3399
Please phone us to make an appointment
or to speak with one of our practitioners